Thursday, November 12, 2015

The Most Incredible Vermont November Sky Imaginable

Late afternoon on Lake Champlain in Alburgh, Vermont
November 11, 2015.  
One of my jobs is a gardener, and as late afternoon arrived yesterday, November 11, it was time to pack it in for the day where I was doing some fall cleanup.

The place where I was working was at a summer camp on a picturesque shoreline along Lake Champlain in Alburgh, in far northwestern Vermont.

The day was good, because much of the job involved raking leaves.

The shores of Lake Champlain are usually very gusty in November, making leaf cleanup not exactly a breeze (Ha!)

Same view, but a vertical shot this time. A
Yesterday was oddly calm, an oasis of windlessness as a strong storm kicked up tornadoes and widespread gusty winds across much of the nation. It was also very warm for November, so the job went well.

As I put my tools away, I noticed the sinking sun really starting to light up the broken deck of midlevel clouds overhead. The light was also reflecting on the rare situation of a calm November Lake Champlain.

I bring my camera pretty much everywhere I go, because you never know what you'll see.

Lugging the Canon from place to place paid off big time, as you can see the kinds of shots I captured on that Alburgh lakefront property.

Click on the photos to make the bigger and easier to see.

Today as I write this, it's more typical November in Vermont. It's windy, there's bursts of rain, the the sky is a featureless, uninteresting dark winter gray.

But I got my gift yesterday, so I can't complain!
A little while later, the sun set over Lake Champlain in Alburgh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment