Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Climate Change Doesn't Exist Because Earth And Mars Temperatures Are Identical, Says Wacko "Politician"

Public officials now seem engaged in a competition on who can appear the most incredibly stupid when talking about climate change.
Vacationland in Mars? He says the Red Planet's
temperature is the same as ours and therefore
there is no global warming on Earth.
I don't follow it either.  

My nominee for the STOOPEDEST goes to Kentucky State Sen. Brandon Smith, a Republican, who said climate change caused by the burning of fossil fuel doesn't exist here on Earth because the temperature on the Earth and Mars are exactly the same.

Here's what he said: "I will simply point out that I think in academia we all agree that the temperature on Mars is exactly as it is here. Nobody will dispute that."

Cue NASA, which, together with a zillion scientists, "disputes that." 

According to NASA, the average temperature on Earth is 57 degrees above zero, while the average temperature on Mars is 81 degrees below zero. 

Um, I think there's a wee bit of a temperature difference there.  But maybe I'm being too picky. The temperature difference between the two planets is only 138 degrees. It's just a rounding error. 

Maybe NASA is involved in some liberal plot to lie about the temperature on Mars? I wish I knew where our Esteemed State Senator got his information. I'd love to read more. Sounds fascinating. 

No matter what the temperature is on Mars (bundle up if you're headed up there!) I'm a little confused about how a weather report from Mars has to do with global warming on Earth.

I can't wait for another hearing for Brandon to enlighten us on that one. 
Our Esteemed State Senator from Kentucky goes on to say there are no mines on Mars, no factories on Mars, so that's another reason climate change doesn't exist on Earth.

Well, I give him this much. He's right that there are no mines or factories that we know of on Mars.  But just for fun, I'd like to know how the (alleged!) lack of factories on Mars tells us there is no climate change on Earth, which I can tell you does have factories. 

Since we're learning so much from Sen. Brandon Smith of Kentucky, I have a proposal. Since he's so interested in the weather on Mars, let's send him there!  He can verify there are indeed no factories up there.

And since the temperature is the same as ours, he'll be quite comfortable. 

The expected high temperature today in Frankfort, the capital of Kentucky, is 85 degrees. Since the temperature is the same on Mars, at least in our Esteemed State Senator's mind, all he has to do is pack shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops for his excursion to Mars. 

I wish him a warm, happy trip to the Red Planet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment