Thursday, August 17, 2017

Predict Your Eclipse Experience Here

Vox has a cool interactive map that shows you the timing and the extent of the upcoming solar eclipse Monday.

Just type in your zip code and you will see what time the eclipse peaks in your area and to what extent the sun is covered by the moon.

For example, when I entered my St. Albans, Vermont zip code, I learned that at its 2:40 p.m. peak, 59.5 percent of the sun would be covered. I also learned I would have to travel 829 miles to the southwest if I wanted to see the total eclipse.

Click on this link to see it.

At this point, the weather forecast looks good for solar eclipse viewing in Vermont on Monday. The current National Weather Service forecast for Monday predicts mostly sunny skies with highs in the low 80s.


No comments:

Post a Comment