Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Super-Scary Video Taken Inside That Airliner Caught In Japanese Turbulence

Marc Stanley, a passenger aboard
the flight that hit severe turbulence
near Japan, took this photo of debris
strewn inside the aircraft.  
This morning, I referenced in this here blog thingy an American Airlines flight from South Korea to Texas that had to be diverted to Tokyo after it encountered extreme turbulence stirred up by a whopper of a storm over Japan.  

Here's a heart-stopping video taken from inside the plane. I hope I never have a flight that bad. Twelve people were hurt, none seriously, thank goodness. I'm glad they make planes that can hold together that well.

If I were on that plane, it wouldn't help my heart rate that people were screaming so much. Of course, I can't blame them. It was terrifying.

The passengers had no way of knowing this, but turbulence almost never, if ever, brings down a plane, says askthepilot.com

It will see, to passengers that the plane fell 3,000 feet or so instantly, but it's usually actually, 10, 20, maybe 40 feet, usually, says askthepilot.

Still, I'm told even that feels awful. I've heard it described as feeling like you are a penny in a spinning clothes dryer.

Injuries occur when people are not belted in or things fall on them as the plane bounces and rocks.

The reason this particular plane was diverted to Tokyo was probably not over concern the plane was damaged. Or at least not enough to be a safety concern.

It was probably diverted so that the injured could get quick medical attention in case they needed it. Secondarily, there was a big mess to clean up in that plane from food carts and what not being strewn everywhere.

Watch:

No comments:

Post a Comment