Thursday, June 27, 2019

Vermont Storms: I Took A "Shelfie" Also, More Details On Storms Later Today

Me enjoying a shelf cloud as a strong thunderstorm approached
South Burlington, Vermont Wednesday. 
I only have a little time this morning, so I'll just share this quick photo. I finally got a chance to take a "Shelfie" on Wednesday.

A severe thunderstorm warning was effect when this storm was approaching South Burlington on Wednesday.

The storm had a shelf cloud, which is a sort of wedge shaped cloud that sets up along the gust front along the leading edge of strong to severe thunderstorm.

This thunderstorm turned out to be not all that severe, but it did give this weather geek an opportunity. We all know how much people like to take selfies for social media. Weather enthusiasts like to take "shelfies" which is a photo of themselves with a shelf cloud.

So I did.

I gotta run, as I'm busy this morning. But later today, I'll share more information and images of the storminess and detail the possibilities of more "interesting" weather in the coming days. Don't worry: "Interesting" doesn't mean "dire.'

No comments:

Post a Comment