Wednesday, March 28, 2018

My Five-Year-Old Type Brain Saw A Funny On A Weather Map

I admit it. I can be really, really immature. 
I get it that weather warnings and watches from the National Weather
Service are serious, but all I could think of when I saw this map
Tuesday evening was a dinosaur pooping on central Texxas.
Yes, I'm a bad, bad person. 

Which is why I laughed out loud last evening when I got to the home page of the National Weather Service. 

The home page features a color-coded map of the entire United States, and shows all the weather warnings, watches, alerts and statements in every county in the nation. 

The map is color coded, so you can easily pick out the flood watches, winter weather alerts, severe thunderstorm statements, etc. 

Last evening, a large area from northeast Texas to central Illinois was under a flood watch, depicted in dark green. Meanwhile, west-central Texas was under a severe thunderstorm watch, depicted in purple, with a couple of severe weather warnings and statements showing up in the middle of that purple in the colors orange and beige.

Serious stuff, yes. But all I could think of when I saw that map was a dinosaur pooping on west-central Texas. 

You can see it in the photo in this post. And yes, I'm a bad, bad, childlike person who should feel ashamed. 

But oh, well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment