Sunday, June 1, 2014

Beautiful Sky High View Of Showers, Storms Over Midwest

I flew yesterday from Burlington, Vermont to Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

In the final leg of the flight between Chicago and Sioux Falls, our flight went past clusters of showers and thunderstorms.

These views of the beautiful structures of even routine, garden variety storms might be old hat to seasoned travelers, but I still think the clouds are worth really, really looking at

And photographing. So I took out my iPhone during the flight and snapped away. If other passengers on the flight thought I was weird, too bad.

It's just nice to get a perspective on these complicated cloud systems from the air. It helped that it was evening, so the low sun angle made the clouds appear especially beautiful and dramatic.

So check out the clouds and storms from Saturday, somewhere over, I think Iowa.

As always, click on the photos to make them bigger and easier to see.











































No comments:

Post a Comment